Saturday, June 30, 2007

travel back in time....

Today I'm traveling back in time a bit.. first to skip back to my trip out here, second.. well.. travelling back in time and wandering the old city of Hyderabad.
As far as my trip out here, I left San Francisco on Tuesday 26th of June, 1:30 AM in the morning, and from there on Singapore Airlines flight 1 via Hong Kong to Singapore.



I spent the day in Singapore, since my layover there was 8+ hours, and I attached some photos of that day.. mostly just tourist sites. The lion in the photo represents part of the history of Singapore, which got its name from a lion. It's one of the reasons you see lions in several parts of the city.

Back to today's "time travel". Two friends from work picked me up to show me around the city of Hyderabad, and from what I experienced throughout the day, it was a good thing I had local friends with me. It's just like everywhere else, if they can make money off of a tourist.. they will ;)




First off we visited Charminar, one of the "seven wonders of Hyderabad"
We got a tour through the building and learned a bunch about the history of the structure.

Other sites I visited today are: Birla Mandir, where unfortunately I was not allowed to take any photos, but you can view the building here



Having a late lunch, sitting next to Sangeeth.














Mahesh (our chauffeur) and Hari.





No comments: