Thursday, June 28, 2007

survived day 1, on to day 2

Amazing how I survived day 1, but looking at how the locals do this stuff every day, it's all good and I should be fine for the next couple of days here.

I found a video of what it looks like to walk across the street.. and this video is no joke!
How to cross the street in Hyderabad (or India in general from what I understand)

So day 1 (Thursday June 28th, 2007) was interesting, first I got dropped off at the wrong office, and I found out my company actually has 4 buildings in "Hi-Tec city" Hyderabad, or as some call it Cyberabad. Met with all the team members I've been working with for the last couple of months and got a tour of the office.

For lunch we went to the Hyderabad House, and I got to experience my first authentic Indian food. My co-workers were a bit worried about my tolerance for the food, but I guess my training on Indian food and spicy stuff paid off and I loved the food.
Naan with butter chicken, Chicken Biryani, and ice cream with dades (sp?) for desert.. who said I got any work done in the afternoon? It was full on naptime after that.. I managed to stay awake till 7pm and got in my cab back to my hotel.

I found out my hotel is right across the street from a crew hotel for KLM, I guess I'm gonna go check out the bar there to see if I'll run into any more Dutch people tonight..

Pictures on the way...

No comments: